CCC’s Outreach Ministry Purpose Statement
Covenant Community Church seeks to be passionate for God’s glory and compassionate to the least and the lost. We seek to practically share Christ’s love in our communities, work force and schools.
- Serve – as a church, within small groups, and as individuals we will intentionally serve our community and help meet the needs of those within it for the glory of God and for the purpose of effectively sharing the Gospel.
- Reach – each member of Covenant will see it as his/her responsibility and privilege to reach out to neighbors, co-workers, and those we meet, with the gospel of Christ. We will be a church that is engaging the community in intentional and strategic service outside the walls of our church. Not only will we continually challenge ourselves, we will equip ourselves with training so that we can effectively share our testimonies and the gospel with those in our communities..
- Embrace – As people from the community come into contact with Covenant at events or visiting, we will embrace them with the love and acceptance of Christ. We will seek to help everyone recognize that they are valuable to God and to us. We will strive for John 13:35 to be characteristic of our church, flowing into the lives of those who visit. We seek to help visitors and newcomers find an easy transition into a Community Group and discipleship relationships.
What can you do?
There are many ways to be involved with each of these areas. Our desire is that each individual in Covenant is serving both inside the walls of Covenant and strategically in our communities. Our purpose is fulfilled as each member of Covenant seeks to use their gifts and talents for this great purpose. There’s nothing more fun than reaching out together with the love of Christ.
How can I be a part of this ministry?
There are a number of ways you can be engaged in serving both in the body of Covenant and in our communities. Some examples may include:
- Volunteer with the Children’s Ministry or Youth Ministry
- Serve on the Embrace Team
- Volunteer with the RISE Special Needs Ministry
- Work with REACH at Bible clubs
- Mentor students in the Yukon Public Schools
- Volunteer to help with the Foster Care Ministry
While this is not an exhaustive list, Covenant desires each member to be serving in their communities. Along with our service projects, we have regular outreach events with the hope of sharing the gospel. These include our Fall Festival, Reach Ministry events, Angel Tree Ministry, concerts and special speakers. More importantly than events is the hope that each of us at Covenant recognizes the privilege of being Christ’s ambassadors in our work places, neighborhoods, and community events. Who has God put in your life to pray for and reach out to? Contact Caitlin, Community Outreach Director at email@example.com for more information about these or any other service projects.
- Community Group Service Projects– Each Community Group is encouraged to take part in group service projects in our community. In the past, groups have helped with Manna Pantry, Pregnancy Crisis Centers, ministry to widows and more.
- Encourage your Community Group to serve together.
- Other Outreach Opportunities – There are many outreach events that are dependent on the people of Covenant’s service to make it happen. These include Angel Tree, Reach Bible Club and our annual Fall Festival.
This church based important ministry is always in need of volunteers who love to help make Covenant a warm, caring, and friendly place on Sunday mornings. Greeters, ushers, coffee team and safety team members work together to make CCC a church that reaches out to guests with the love of Christ. If you would like to be involved in the Embrace Ministry, contact Ron Jarrett, Pastor of Care & Connection at 405-354-9338 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
This ministry has grown out of CCC and is regularly ministering to kids and families in our community. Weekly Bible Clubs are held at local apartment complexes. If you are interested in being a part of this ministry on a weekly basis or if you are interested in helping with special events for this ministry, contact Caitlin, Community Outreach Director, at email@example.com or contact the church office at 405-354-9338.