CCC’s Outreach Ministry Purpose Statement
Covenant Community Church seeks to pursue and fulfill our calling to “go and make disciples.” We seek to practically share Christ’s love in the community of Yukon, Mustang, and NW OKC. The focus of this ministry is to “Serve, Reach, and Embrace” our community with the love of Christ.
- Serve – as a church, within small groups, and as individuals we will purposefully serve our community and help meet the needs of those within it for the glory of God.
- Reach – each member of Covenant will see it as his/her responsibility and privilege to reach out to neighbors, co-workers, and those we meet, with the gospel of Christ. The “Prayer, Care, Share” strategy will be our model as we challenge and equip Covenant to reach out and share Christ. Not only will we continually challenge ourselves, we will equip ourselves with training so that we can effectively share our testimonies and the gospel with this generation.
- Embrace – As people from the community come into contact with Covenant at events or visiting, we will embrace them with the love and acceptance of Christ. We will seek to help everyone recognize that they are valuable to God and to us. We will strive for John 13:35 to be characteristic of our church, flowing into the lives of those who visit. We seek to help visitors and newcomers find an easy transition into a Community Group and discipleship relationships.
What can you do?
There are many ways to be involved with each of these areas. Our purpose is fulfilled as each member of Covenant seeks to use their gifts and talents for this great purpose. There’s nothing more fun than reaching out together with the love of Christ.
How can I be a part of this ministry?
- Bless Your Neighbor is CCC’s annual Community Impact Day as we reach out to others in our neighborhoods. We send teams of people out into our community to help someone who needs a hand. We may do things like paint, yardwork, or minor home repairs. This is a wonderful opportunity to serve others as a family and demonstrate the love of Christ in our city
- Community Group Service Projects – Each Community Group is encouraged to take part in group service projects in our community. In the past, groups have helped with Manna Pantry, Pregnancy Crisis Centers, ministry to widows and more.
- Encourage your Community Group to serve together.
- Other Outreach Opportunities – There are many outreach events that are dependent on the people of Covenant’s service to make it happen. These include Angel Tree, Reach Bible Club and our annual Fall Festival.
Along with our service projects, we have regualr outreach events with the hope of sharing the gospel. These include our Fall Festival, Reach Ministry events, Mission Possible youth event, Angel Tree Ministry, Military outreach, concerts and special speakers. More importantly than events is the hope that each of us at Covenant recognizes the privilege of being Christ’s ambassadors in our work places, neighborhoods, and community events. Who has God put in your life to pray for and reach out to?
This important ministry is always in need of volunteers who love to help make Covenant a warm, caring, and friendly place on Sunday mornings. Greeters, ushers, coffee team and safety team members work together to make CCC a church that reaches out to guests with the love of Christ. If you would like to be involved in the Embrace Ministry, contact Ron Jarrett, Pastor of Care & Connection at 405-354-9338 or email email@example.com for more information.
This ministry has grown out of CCC and is regularly ministering to kids and families in our community. Weekly Bible Club for kids, a women’s Bible study and special events are a great way to reach out in our community. Contact the church office at 405-354-9338 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like more information on Reach Ministry.